Sunday, 12 July 2015

Great Barrier Reef + Skydiving

Hola from Cairns!
We went snorkelling a the Great Barrier Reef yesterday and got a really nice tan as well.
We rented an underwater camera because what is snorkelling without photos?
My mask was really tight and the water was fucking salty lol.
But cute divers and touching sea cucumbers were worth it.
Enjoy the poorly taken photos (by a photography major and a DSLR newbie) and failed selfies.



















































The best feeling when you're out in the ocean is that overwhelming sense of freedom.
My first time snorkelling and I got scratched by the reefs!
Literally leaving a mark on my leg but that's ok, at least I took something home with me hahahaha.


Today we went skydiving and it's probably the best thing I've ever done.
I didn't opt for any photos or video because it was a rip off but Chengyee got the video so I'll just post some screen caps with me in it.





Fun times, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Michael, my instructor, was full of weird laughs and jokes where he kept telling me "I'm so scared, it's my first time" and "I'll probably be screaming more than you"
Australians and their humour hahaha.
The instructors also started plucking each others' leg hair on the plane ride up.
What a bunch of jokers.

The feeling when you're free-falling is the most intense feeling you'll ever get but at the same time it is also the best feeling in the world.
You forget everything except the spectacular view in front of you.
And I think in those moments I finally found myself.
I think that was the purest moment I've had in years and I will be forever grateful for this experience.

I thought to myself: maybe I am finally ready again.
I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment