Friday, 4 September 2015

Cluttered



A self portrait when I had to test my light set up yesterday night when my models went to get dinner.
During a presentation today, I told the class that I've been very emotionally constipated recently and to be honest, I don't know the reason behind it.
I also shared (with some hestitation) with the class the self portraits I posted a while back.

I think all of that might just be a result of me trying to be stronger than I actually am.
I'm by no means a weak person, but I feel it is alright for anyone and everyone to break down from time to time.
It is okay if my wounds are reopened, or if I'm still hurt by the past.
It is alright because we are only being honest with ourselves, and we draw strength from that.
I just have to remember that holding it all in does not equate to strength.
True strength is being able to be vulnerable and move on from there.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find the right words to express the thoughts in my head for the book I have to produce this semester.
I feel like I'm barely grasping at the right words this week.
Bless all your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment