Friday, 29 April 2016

UPDATE

Hello.
So if you are interested to know if I'm doing okay.
WELL YES I AM!

Have just been slumped with uni stuff and also keeping up with life down under.
It seems like time is passing all too fast and I really am not looking forward to going back to Singapore.
Not one bit.
I can't believe I'm already at the halfway mark.

I arrived in Brisbane alone, not knowing anyone and with completely no expectations.
Only in the short 2.5 months here, I have discovered more than I could have expected.
I have seen many wonderful places and met many wonderful people.
I have thoroughly felt and enjoyed the grace of this city.
Am I sounding a little emotional? Maybe it's because I'm listening to piano music right now. I'm in the middle of writing an essay haha.
But who would have thought I would grow so attached to this place and to want to call it my home.
I feel like I know this place already even though there is so much more to see.

I guess being here has also made me realise how fucking trivial my own problems are and how the world has so much more to offer.
A lot is weighing on my mind and I don't know if I'm going through a quarter life crisis (hey only 3 more years to being 25 geez).

The only thing I'm falling short on is taking photos here. I brought so much film with me!
But then again I have also started to take more pleasure in experiences rather than photographs.
I have began to appreciate moments more when I don't have to worry about making a good image and that itself is a very important lesson for me.
I have placed so much of my time in capturing moments in time and people I love when I could have invested myself in those experiences more.

Hopefully I'll be taking more photographs (outside of school assignments pfftt) and getting back to documenting my life more.

PS: this piano music is making me really miss playing the piano. But really, I have no time!!!!!! Well I'll try to make time I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment